Country Club Christian Church provides volunteers to serve dinner and help with clothing needs at Micah Ministry on the second Monday evening of every month.
Micah Ministry is an outreach of Independence Boulevard Christian Church (IBCC) in the Historic Northeast and one of our Northeast PartNErship ministries. Every Monday evening from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., nourishing suppers are served to their neighbors in need, mostly the working poor. Unlike some meal programs, the guests are served at tables, with tablecloths, rather than having them stand in a line to be fed. Every Monday it takes 70 volunteers to serve dinner, staff the children’s ministries, clean up, and manage the clothing room.
- Serve Food: Guests are served a sit-down meal. Volunteers deliver a plate of food and a beverage to each guest at a table to which you are assigned. Tables are bussed as the guests leave. Gloves are provided.
- Dessert Cart: Volunteers take a serving cart filled with desserts through the dining area.
- Adult Clothing: Serving in the clothing room is like being a personal shopper. Each guest at your table is approached about clothing needs and the “shopper” fills the order. Detailed instructions are provided prior to helping with this ministry.
- Children’s Clothing: Volunteers work with parents to find clothes that meet some of their child’s needs.
- Child Care: Volunteers serve in an area designated for pre-school and grade school age children where dinner is provided and games are played.
- Clean Up: Anyone who is able to stay after the meal helps wipe down the dining room tables. Gloves and cleaning supplies are provided.
- Volunteers arrive at 5:15 p.m. for instructions and prayer.
- You may drive to IBCC or ride in our church van which leaves our Chapel parking lot at 4:30 p.m. IBCC is located in the Historic Northeast at 606 Gladstone Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64124. Parking is available on the south side of the church.
- For information on IBCC, visit www.ibcckc.org.
To volunteer: Fill out the form below or call our church office, 816-333-4917. Note that student volunteers must be at least 12 years old.