Mark your calendars and join us in celebrating the Advent season!
Advent Sermon Series: The World Is about to Turn
Advent is a season of mixed emotions. We ooh and awe at the beauty and wonder of it all. But we are haunted by a feeling that all is not quite right. Blessings and joy intermingle with fear and longing. The scriptures paint a picture of what God intends next, of how the world is about to turn, about how we too might turn and find hope and new life in the midst of the chaos. The sermon series will help us prepare for the arrival of the Christ.
In Worship on Sun., Dec. 2 – The World Is about to Turn, Part 1: Start Singing, based on Zephaniah 3:14-20. Rev. Carla Aday preaching.
- Hannah Fenley and Natalie Cobb flute duet at 9:01 and 10:00 a.m.
- Shelle Jensen solo at 9:01 and 10:00 a.m.
- Chancel Choir anthem “E’en So, Lord Jesus, Quickly Come” at 11:00 a.m.
In Worship on Sun., Dec. 9 – The World Is about to Turn, Part 2: Be Not Afraid, Rev. Carla Aday preaching
- NEW! Pick-up choir meets at 10:00 AM in the choir room to sing “People, Look East” at 11:00 a.m. This is your opportunity to sing with Dr. Tucker and not have to attend a Wednesday rehearsal to do so. All are invited!
- Orffestra, under the direction of Tepring Crocker, at 11:00
A Christmas Festival
This festive evening starts with a candlelit Christmas carol sing-a-long on the front steps (weather permitting) at 5:00 p.m., featuring music by the Children’s and Youth Choir and the Sticks and Phones Orffestra. Afterward, come inside for chili, a visit with Santa, family photos and crafts. We will also fill Christmas stockings for our friends at Micah Ministry, which serves homeless and needy individuals.
Sun., Dec. 9, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
In Worship on Sun., Dec. 16 – The World Is about to Turn, Part 3: Dare to Dream, Rev. Carla Aday preaching
- Children’s Choir sings at 9:01 a.m.
- Kevin Briggs, soloist, and Erin Wood, harpist, at 9:01 and 11:00 a.m.
- Jubilee Ringers at 9:01 and 11:00 a.m.
- Country Club Singers Christmas Concert, a presentation of Christmas favorites featuring the Jubilee Ringers, at 10:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary
- Chancel Choir anthem “There is no Rose” by Benjamin Britten with harpist Erin Wood, and Youth Choir at 11:00 a.m.
Kansas City Brass Holiday Concert
Join us for seasonal favorites with one of the best small ensembles in the city! Music will also be performed by tenor Alex Goering, and organist Dina Pannabecker Evans. Free and open to the public. Wed., Dec. 19, 7:30 p.m., Sanctuary
In Worship on Sun., Dec. 24 – The World Is about to Turn, Part 4: Dare to Dream, Dr. Mike Graves preaching
- Soloist Christa Chartier at 9:01 a.m. singing “Sweet Little Jesus Boy”
- Soloist Diane Robertson at 10:00 a.m. Chapel service
- Music from Handel’s Messiah sung by tenor Alex Goering and the Chancel Choir at the 11:00 a.m.service
Christmas Eve Schedule
5:30 p.m. – Children and families service, ideal for young children. Children will be invited to dress as angels or shepherds upon arriving, and will join the Holy family during the service.
8:00 and 11:00 p.m. – Traditional candlelight services featuring musical guests the Kansas City Brass. Communion at 11:00 p.m.
Rev. Carla Aday preaching.
View Our Live Stream
Watch the 11:00 a.m. Sunday service live, or archived services any time. The 8:00 p.m. Christmas Eve service will be live streamed.
Follow our Facebook page to read daily advent devotions during the month of December, or read them here.
The church offices will be closed on Tues., Dec. 25 and Wed., Dec. 26
In Worship on Sun., Dec. 30 – One service only at 10:30 a.m. No Sunday School; child care will be available. Rev. Tyler Heston preaching. Featuring the Pic and Bow as our musical guests.