We are excited to be hosting our first virtual choir opportunity for a performance in December 2020. We are glad you are interested in participating. We will perform Hark! the Herald Angels Sing by Dan Forrest.
Directions for Participation
Download Music Score PDF and Guide Track
Attend Rehearsals and Practice Your Part
Wednesdays @ 7-8pm on Zoom.
Get Your Tech Together
Get your technology devices ready including your recording device (preferably a smartphone or tablet), headphones, a tripod for your recording device, and another device to playback the guide track.
Record yourself using a camera with a microphone (smartphones and some tablets work great) in landscape mode. Make sure you are well lit and have little distractions in view (preferably with a blank solid color wall as background and wearing solid color shirt).
Upload Your Recording
Watch the video tutorial for tips to upload your video from your phone or iPad. When you are satisfied with your recording you can upload to the link which is included on the score download page HERE.
More Tips for success
- Set up your "recording booth" ahead of time. It's not hard, but you'll have more fun if you complete that as a separate step when you can play with lighting and with getting your recording device propped up just right. THEN, go take a shower and put on your pretty shirt. You'll be able to enter your booth like a star and will enjoy recording even more.
- Record yourself a couple times just holding your phone and singing along with the guide track on speakers as you are practicing over the next week. Listen for pitches and places you might need to work on your vowels, etc.
- Potential Trouble Spots:
- Tricky entrances - Pg 14, m68 and Pg12, m52
- Keep pitches up on all held notes, especially Sop & Alto, Pg 14, m66-67. Really wants to sag there
- Pay attention to tempo change Pg 16, m77 (guide track is helpful, but still requires extra attention there)
- Sing confidently when you record. Set your headphones to a volume that will inspire you to sing out and joyfully (without shouting).
- When you make your final recording, the ONLY sound on the video should be your voice. You will NOT hear any of the guide track. It will sound thin and disappointing. Don't let that discourage you! Voices are magic when they are combined, even digitally! It will sound AWESOME. Trust the process and enjoy getting to sing.
- Have Fun! You will honestly get the best recording if you are enjoying yourself.