Country Club Christian Church provides volunteers to serve dinner and help with clothing needs at Micah Ministry on the second Monday evening of every month. Volunteers are needed every Monday.
Micah Ministry is an outreach of Independence Boulevard Christian Church (IBCC) in the Historic Northeast and one of our Northeast PartNErship ministries. Every Monday evening from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m., nourishing suppers are served to their neighbors in need, mostly the working poor. Due to Covid meals are being served to-go.
Each Monday volunteer needs include: 3:30 – 5:00 pm to help set-up; 5:00 – 7:00 pm help prepare and serve to-go meals; prepare hygiene kits; prepare clothing bags
Sign up to volunteer directly with Micah Ministries here.
- Serve Food: Guests are served a sit-down meal. Volunteers deliver a plate of food and a beverage to each guest at a table to which you are assigned. Tables are bussed as the guests leave. Gloves are provided.
- Dessert Cart: Volunteers take a serving cart filled with desserts through the dining area.
- Adult Clothing: Serving in the clothing room is like being a personal shopper. Each guest at your table is approached about clothing needs and the “shopper” fills the order. Detailed instructions are provided prior to helping with this ministry.
- Children’s Clothing: Volunteers work with parents to find clothes that meet some of their child’s needs.
- Child Care: Volunteers serve in an area designated for pre-school and grade school age children where dinner is provided and games are played.
- Clean Up: Anyone who is able to stay after the meal helps wipe down the dining room tables. Gloves and cleaning supplies are provided.
IBCC is located in the Historic Northeast at 606 Gladstone Blvd, Kansas City, MO 64124. Parking is available on the south side of the church.
For information on IBCC, click here.
To volunteer: Fill out the form below or call our church office, 816-333-4917. Note that student volunteers must be at least 12 years old.