With all of the comings and goings of the season, I find that my driving time gives me an opportunity to consider those things which are most important.
So here – in no particular order – are the ways in which we reflect and unwind at my house:
• Quiet . . . occasionally punctuated by classically-based seasonal music or ESPN
• Simple, homemade meals including fresh-baked bread
• A recounting of the things for which we are grateful
• Some kind of special, planned outing that all will enjoy
• Chocolate in a variety of forms
At this writing, we are anticipating three wonderful Christmas Eve services followed by a joyful Christmas Day service. Each time I walk into the sanctuary, I’m amazed by the beauty, grandeur and reverence. I’m grateful for you and your passion for ministry, mission and outreach.
Thank you for a wonderful 2016 and I look forward to making more music together in 2017.