For a church that preaches “all means all,” it might seem kind of funny to have a name that evokes exclusivity. But when Country Club Christian Church was established in 1920, its founders named the church for its geography, as it was and still is today, located in the Country Club District.
But Country Club Christian Church is far from an exclusive club. In fact, our ministers, staff, and board take seriously Jesus’ call to love the neighbor, whether that neighbor is across the street, across town, or across the world
Here we believe that the love and grace of God is freely given to all people, regardless of zip code, financial status, race, sexual orientation or gender expression.
Country Club Christian Church is:
- Approachable, with a nod to formality
- Modern, with a respect for tradition
- Energizing, but contemplative
- Informed and curious about the world
What makes us distinctive?
- We have a long history of theological openness
- We are a welcoming, inclusive, supportive, loving community
- We place a strong focus on outreach and service to the broader community
- Studying and learning are prioritized
- We have a beautiful setting for worship
Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
Country Club Christian Church is a part of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) denomination. For more information about our denomination, click here.