2017 Stewardship Campaign
During this year’s campaign our congregation has celebrated the way our church makes “A Place at the Table.” We are pleased to share with you the progress that has happened with our Stewardship efforts. Our Congregation has responded with great trust and support. We have received more than $994,119.25 in pledges toward our goal of $1,296,000 and almost half of those who have made a pledge elected to increase their giving. We are blessed have such a supportive congregation whose members put faith into action by expressing God’s love in real and tangible ways.
It is not too late to submit your pledge, if you have not already done so.
- Email your pledge to Rachel Clement, Director of Finance.
- Pledge securely online by clicking here.
Your giving creates “A Place at the Table” for:
God invites us to grow spiritually our whole lives long. The church fosters spiritual growth for our newly dedicated newborns, our toddlers in preschool, our teenagers on mission trips, our young couples pursuing marriage and all ages studying scriptures, social issues, and prayer. A few recent examples:
- Vibrantly remodeled children’s wing
- 8 new small groups: young men, 20s-40s, parents, intergenerational
- Children’s and youth choirs launched
- Technology upgrades to facilitate learning and connecting
- Building Community Book by Book
- Christmas Festival and Advent in Advance
- Vacation Bible School
- Pathways to Learning
- FaithPub and FaithBook
God calls us to love our neighbors. The church responds by welcoming God’s children to the table of grace through local hands on service such as tutoring a child at Hartman, singing in a choir alongside refugees, serving a home baked cake to a homeless family. Financial support is aimed at alleviating hunger and empowering at risk children through agency grants. And on mission trips, participants discover the mutuality of God’s love that unfolds in relationships. Some recent examples:
- Resettled dozens of refugee families with home set ups, English lessons, job applications
- Built 2+ Tiny houses for Veterans
- 12,396 meals served to impoverished Kansas Citians
- Student teams planting a garden for hungry families in Kansas City
- Adult teams providing medicines and rocking premature newborns in Nicaragua and India
- $238,570 invested in local, domestic and international projects to address problems of poverty
- Amani (Peace in Swahili) choir
- 4081 volunteer hours in community work
- Disaster relief to tornado and hurricane affected regions
God welcomes us to the table of love, grace, peace, forgiveness and new life every Sunday. The life giving worship services enliven our souls and send us forth as new people. A line in the sermon or a note from the choir can give us goose bumps or evoke tears. As we are bathed in the light of the stained glass or sing silent night with raised candles, we are transformed at God’s nourishing table. Recent examples:
- Prayer services in retirement homes
- 26 funerals, 22 weddings, 23 baby dedications
- Inspiring jazz vocalists, classical guitarists, Kansas City Brass on Sundays
- Chancel choir, Celebration Singers, Jubilee Ringers, Orffestra and Women’s ensemble
- Candlelight Christmas Eve
- Summer services on front lawn
A Place for You
During this year’s campaign, some of our members are sharing their experiences at Country Club Christian Church’s table.
There is Always Room for More…by Andrea Bough